[ubuntu-us-mi] Request for Disks

Marc Zuverink mzuverink at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 05:49:46 BST 2008

Greg Grossmeier wrote:
> I don't have any Hardy CDs from Canonical; maybe someone else from the
> list might.  And it wouldn't make much sense for me to order the 300
> pack of cds we get as a team for Hardy as Intrepid is closing in (with
> shipping time factored in).  I will of course put in the order for the
> Intrepid CDs as soon as I can.  If you would like any of those let me
> know (and any other LUG members on this list).
>
> Best,
>
> Greg
>
> Mark Jones wrote:
>> I am the Chairman for the Kalamazoo Linux User's Group (KLUG).  We are
coming up on our monthly assistance meeting.  We have several requests
for installs.  We like to send people home with an Ubuntu branded disk.
Alas, our supplies have run out.

>> Anyone know where we can get some more disks fairly quickly?  I know
we can order some through Canonical but our order from May is still not
filled.

>> Yes, we can  and have downloaded the ISO's and burnt them to disk.  We
prefer the branded disk.  People react to them a lot better than a
home-burnt ISO.

>> TIA,
>> Mark Jones
>> KLUG Chairman
>> www.kalamazoolinux.org

Greg, I have not been too active in the LOCO by attending meeting and
such, but have been doing a lot of install festivals and advocate at
all times. I have never made a big deal out of with the LOCO and maybe
I should taken pictures and all that to show West Side Rep.  I am in
Holland, my transportation is an old Puch moped and cross country
style skiing for transportation in the winer, so attending LOCO
meeting on the East side is impossible without some type of ride
arrangement.
Anyways, what I am wondering about the discs we can order through
Canonical in large lost, like 300.  Is there a cost to the Loco?  I
have been burning my own DVD's and distributing Ubuntu at my costs,
but I am on my third spindle of a hundred since the release of Hardy.
Is there a way is the State Loco gets/orders Intrepid DVD could some
possibly get Diverted to the West side.  If I could purchase a box of
300, mixed arch, something like 80% 32 bit, 15 amd64, and the rest
split between 32 and 64 sever editions or alternative, you know what I
need, let me know the LOCO are limited to and or the price of such an
order, it would be cool.

- --
Marc Zuverink <mzuverink at gmail.com>
                     < Moo! Got Milk  >