[ubuntu-us-mi] PenguiCon 6.0 - 2008

Trevor Jagoda spam.goes.here48048 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 20:16:59 BST 2007

Hello, all.

First off, if you don't know what PenguiCon is, here's a link:
http://penguicon.org

PenguiCon is a Linux/FOSS convention, and it's a great place for us to
pull in more members for the LoCo.  My prime question is this: what
would you/we all be willing to do for next year's PenguiCon?

I believe that a room party would be a great idea.  I know of a few
LUG's that held room parties at PenguiCon 5.0, and they went over great.
I also think that we could provide a few informational Ubuntu (or maybe
even non-ubuntu related) panels for the con.

Would anyone be willing to host/participate in a panel?  If yes, do you
have any ideas for said panel?  Also, who would be willing to dish out a
small bit of money to go towards the room for the room party and the
supplies we'd need within?  I believe the room rate per night is $89, so
if we book a room for Friday and Saturday nights the total room cost
would be $178.  That will go down quick if people come forward to help
split up the price.

This is a great way to have a lot of fun, troop the LoCo's colors, and
throw a bit of Ubuntu education out there at the same time.  Does
anybody else think this is a good idea?  If there are enough people
willing to participate we can move this from unofficial mailing list
discussion and have a meeting over it.  I'm willing to head up the
initiative and handle the communication between us and PenguiCon is this
gets the green light.

We've still got quite a while to plan, PenguiCon 6.0's dates are April
18-20, 2008.

Trevor