[ubuntu-us-mi] thoughts on a Penguicon panel

Wolfger wolfger at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 16:44:11 GMT 2007

On Nov 9, 2007 9:12 AM, Rob Duncan <duncan at rejiquar.com> wrote:

> But how would you *tell* someone enough to decide between them?  (well
> maybe you could do that with Edubuntu, Xubuntu and Mythbuntu)  It seems to
> me you would at least want to show them some of the differences.  Better
> of course to have them try them.  Maybe follow this up by having at least
> one of each to try in the computer lounge?

Well, I'm not sure how to tell people the differences. Ideally we
could figure out a way, since that would be much more portable than a
show-n-tell, which would require at least one of each OS to be
running. I don't know... maybe there's a very good reason why the kind
of material I want doesn't already exist.

On Nov 9, 2007 9:21 AM, Ben Rousch <brousch at gmail.com> wrote:

> This will turn into a circus when the Fluxbuntu and Elbuntu folks demand
> equal speaking time. The man is already keeping them down by calling them
> "Other Derivatives" instead of "Supported Derivatives."
>
> What do we want? Window Manager justice! When do we want it? Now!
>
> We're here! We're non-supported! Get used to it!

LOL. Well, there are certainly those options. But I think we want to
limit a newbie-oriented panel to officially-supported derivatives,
much as I prefer Fluxbox to Xfce myself...

--
Wolfger
http://wolfger.wordpress.com/