[ubuntu-us-mi] thoughts on a Penguicon panel

Rob Duncan duncan at rejiquar.com
Fri Nov 9 14:12:41 GMT 2007

On Fri, November 9, 2007 8:52 am, Wolfger wrote:
> ... I have an idea. It would be great if we could get a 3 or
> 4 person panel to talk, without degrading into a flame war, about just
> what the heck is the difference between Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu (and
> possibly Edubuntu). We could call it something like:
> Toomanybuntus: how do I choose?

But how would you *tell* someone enough to decide between them?  (well
maybe you could do that with Edubuntu, Xubuntu and Mythbuntu)  It seems to
me you would at least want to show them some of the differences.  Better
of course to have them try them.  Maybe follow this up by having at least
one of each to try in the computer lounge?