[ubuntu-us-mi] [Discuss] Meeting with Benjamin Mako Hill Sunday 11/4 - 7:00 PM

gib at juno.com gib at juno.com
Mon Nov 5 19:59:43 GMT 2007

Thank you for setting all of this up.  I'll see you around 7:00 PM.
Remember the time changed. Fall forward.

-- Rick Harding <rharding at mitechie.com> wrote:
Rick Harding wrote:
> Benj. Mako Hill wrote:
>
>> <quote who="Rick Harding" date="Thu, Nov 01, 2007 at 09:50:35AM -0400">
>>

>>> Mako is in town this weekend and wanted to get together/meet some people
>>> in the area. I'm putting together a night at Buffalo Wild Wings in
>>> Dearborn.
>>>
>>> If you don't know Mako, check out his blog here. He's involved in the
>>> OLPC which we have Ivan speaking about at MUG on the 13th so hang out
>>> and get a better feel for the topic ahead of time. Put down a couple of
>>> drinks, and wings as a bonus.
>>> http://mako.cc/copyrighteous/
>>>
>>> The address for the BWW is:
>>> 22216 Michigan Ave <http://maps.google.com/>
>>> Dearborn, MI 48124
>>>
>>> We'll say the time is to be 6pm. Give me a heads up if you plan on
>>> attending so I can try to get seating with enough space for every one.
>>>

>> My flight was just changed due to a cancellation. I'm not now going to
>> get *into* Detroit until 10:00 at night tomorrow. Is it possible to
>> postpone until Monday evening or is i worth just showing up whenever I
>> can?
>>
>> I'm really sorry about this.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Mako
>>

> I think it would be best to push to Monday. If you don't get in until
> 10pm it'll be a bit before you can get anywhere. So Monday, Nov 5th at
> 6pm work?
>
> Rick

I talked with Mako today and 6pm is going to be early for him. He says
he won't be able to make it until after 7pm. I'll still be there at 6pm
for those that don't get this email in time. Sorry so much for the
confusion. It's been a little harder to get this going than I would have
thought initially.

Thanks

Rick