[ubuntu-us-mi] some notes from the meeting last night and planning

Rick Harding rharding at mitechie.com
Mon Dec 3 14:50:18 GMT 2007

For those of you that missed the irc meeting last night...slackers :p

I wanted to bring up a few things we talked about to everyone else.

First, I'm planning a Packaging Jam 2.0 to take place after the
holidays. Aaron has again offered to help out and be our MOTU guide. In
an effort to get more people to attend I've put up a forum poll on the
two possible dates. Please check your schedules and let me know which
one works best for everyone.

I also wanted to bring up that we're starting to populate the MI LoCo
google calendar with events that, while not directly LoCo, are
interesting to our crowd. This includes LUG meetings, events like the
AACS Ubuntu talk on Wed, etc. If you have any events you think should
get on there please send detailed info to either myself, jorge, or greg.
Please include details such as location, directions, possible contact
person so that we can add those details to the event when posting.

http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=femf0etg1ffji3rh1tevl7ck08%40group.calendar.google.com&pvttk=5d233bf2d00bfc1489702f49db8a92f1

Finally, some good work is going into the planning for PC next year. If
you want to help check out the wiki page for it and get involved. Find
part of the project you're interested in helping with and if you have
any questions just start out sending to the list. We have a number of
guys deeply involved that can either help, or get the info to help. It
sounds like PC is going to have a mini Ubucon inside.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MichiganTeam/Projects/Penguicon

Thanks
Rick