[Michigan-LoCo] The "what can we do" ideas

Wolfger wolfger at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 20:07:09 BST 2007

A jam sounds cool. Hmm. Could a jam work well over IRC? Is there a
good screen-sharing app in Ubunut (I'm thinking of Sametime
collaboration tools we use here at work... chat, whiteboard, and
screen sharing with possible transfer of control).

I could easily see us doing 3 meetings a month: a "business" meeting
(promoting Ubuntu, presentations, taking care of LoCo matters), a
social (find someplace big enough that serves beer), and a jam (for
the technically-inclined). These are 3 distinctly different purposes
that will, I think, attract 3 slightly (or not so slightly) different
groups of members. Not all meetings need to be IRL (well, except the
social really does, I think).

That would leave us with 1-2 weeks a month off, too, to prevent
burnout for those who want to do it all. :-)