Meeting Location Ideas

Greg Grossmeier greg.grossmeier at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 02:43:29 BST 2007

Hello everyone,

Judging from this map:

http://salgat.googlepages.com/ubuntumaps.html

It looks like the best place for us to have a meeting to get the majority of
people to attend would be a Western suburb of Detroit.  I know this is going
to disappoint the people on the west side of the state, and some in the
middle.  But to get the highest number possible for a first meeting I think
this is best.  This is not the place the meeting will be every time, so do
not worry.

Now, unfortunately I probably can't make the best decision of where in that
area to have the meeting.  For those of you that do not know, I moved here
in the middle of June, I live in Ann Arbor, and the furthest East I have
gone is the Airport.

So this is where I ask everyone for their suggestions.  I am looking for a
good compromise of a classroom at a college and a noisy bar.  Since this is
the first meeting we want to have fun, meet everyone, go over what we want
to accomplish as a team.  We don't need to sit down and do bug
triaging/patching.  We also don't need to be drunk within 10 minutes, maybe
30.

If you haven't added your name/zip code to that map please email me.

But most importantly, share your ideas of where we should go.

Thanks everyone,

Greg

--
If you take a step towards Freedom, It'll take two towards you.