Forums

Elizabeth Bevilacqua lyz at ubuntu.com
Fri Aug 24 14:31:19 BST 2007

On 8/24/07, claydoh <claydoh at claydoh.com> wrote:
> It was suggested by Pleia2 in irc to set up an official ubuntuforums forum
> through vorian, and I agree. It would be easier to maintain, and the website
> could remain for blogs, photo galleries, announcements, etc.

Some things to consider about having an official maine.ubuntuforums.org set up:

Good place to get new members: The official forums are very commonly
the first resource people stumble upon to discover a LoCo team. TBH
that's where I looked and when I didn't see one there I assumed there
wasn't a forum set up yet.

Easy entry: A lot of people already have ubuntuforums logins, no need
to create new logins and set up a whole new forum user on a different
site. I've found that the key to success in these groups is making
things as easy as possible :)

Cheers,

Lyz/pleia2 (who doesn't live in anymore Maine, but grew up there,
visits often and is still quite fond of it, so she dropped in to help
out!)

--
Elizabeth Bevilacqua
http://www.princessleia.com