Ubuntu-Maryland Loco Meeting

Ron Swift rswift at swiftstaffing.com
Fri Mar 15 14:33:03 UTC 2013

I want to thank everyone who has responded to my earlier email regarding
our local community group. The feedback has helped in shaping the
initial direction of the group. Some indicated a need for hands on help
or help with basic tasks. There also appeared to be some interest in
doing an install-fest in the future.
Several indicated an interest in having meetings virtually and a few
suggested the weekend.
Moreover, the total number of respondents was about 6 people out of 150
people on the mailing list. It is clearly not a mandate, but I am
pressing on with the believe that if we provide a resource and
interesting ways to promote Ubuntu others will join us.
So the first thing is that we have a new website at
http://ubuntu-maryland.org. It is a work in progress but we can decide
how we want to use it to promote Ubuntu.
Secondly, I am proposing that we meet the fourth Saturday of each month
at noon at my office and virtually via open meeting. Refreshments will
be available for those who physically attend. Saturday, Mar 30 would be
our first meeting and I will do a presentation on Ubuntu desktop tips
and tricks that will focus on versions 12.04 and 12.10.
Please advise your thoughts on the direction of the group and the
activities outlined.
Thanks

--
Ron Swift