WUBI (was : Article- Is Ubuntu A Real Alternative to Windows)

Rajiv Gunja opn.src.rocks at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 19:30:33 UTC 2013

None of the OS (Windows, Linux, Solaris, HP-UX, OSX, Irix, etc) are hard to
install.

It is the ability of the user and the fear he/she has while performing that
task, which makes it difficult or easy.

I have had many people complain about Linux on their Laptop or desktop, but
when I dig down and see the issue, it has to do with either user error or
one-off hardware.

There is this guy in my office, who is a mainframe guy. He tried to install
Linux for the first time. He booted up a live CD and was waiting for 30
minutes for it start installing. He was so scared, that he did not read
what was on the screen.

WUBI is a good technology, but I would not recommend anyone to use it, for
"trying" out Linux.

-GG

--
Rajiv G Gunja