Ubuntu-MD Meeting Follow-up Summary

railroadman1 at aol.com railroadman1 at aol.com
Wed Apr 3 14:48:59 UTC 2013

Thank Ron,
I got Wubi working and was able to down load 12.04 using ethernet and get it working. I couldn't get wireless working for 2 days until I downloaded 141 updates via ethernet cable. Now it works on Ubuntu. I still need to download Firewall and GIMP. Yesterday I saw a Poloroid tablet in Big Lots for $80. Looked like a pretty good tablet for the money.The tablet runs Anderoid jellybean. I didn't buy it and won't until Ubuntu comes out with it's regular tablet distro and I know it will work on the tablet I purchase. I'll dump the jelleybean and load Ubuntu. A reminder our train club meets Mondays and Wed. in Catonsville Sr. center at 1:00.
Stuart