Need some help setting up an old pc to ubuntu

yury jajitzky contactame at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 20 02:54:14 GMT 2010

Hi guys!
I'm running Ubuntu 9.10 Desktop Edition on Dell Inspiron 3700 (pentium 3-500Mhz, 256 Mb RAM, 40 Gb HDD) here in Venezuela.  Actually runs a little bit slow but Video chipset is 8 Mb and only 256 Mb of RAM. Also, i have my server running Ubuntu 9.04 (all partitions in ext4) Pentium 3-500 Mhz, 512 RAM and 80 Gb HDD.
All you need for installing Ubuntu in old PCs is Disabling ACPI, press F6 on the Ubuntu Boot Screen.
If you have some troubles, feel free to email me...
Best,
Yury Jajitzky