Document Management Solution

Ron Swift rswift at swiftstaffing.com
Tue Jan 19 14:28:42 GMT 2010

I am looking for an opensource document management application that will
allow my employees to catalog, search, preview, update and store files.
We currently have several thousand files in OpenOffice/MS Office and pdf
formats that are on a file server. Each employee has their own home
directory on the server. They access it via sftp using FireFTP plugin to
the firefox browser.
I would like to add a web enabled document management application on
another server that would have these features:

   1. Professional looking file folder like user interface
   2. Permissions based on users credentials
   3. Bulk import file capabilities from the current file server
   4. Linux/Apache/Php/MySQL based and would consider Java enabled (I
      have issues in the past running Tomcat)

Please advise.
Thanks

--