Thoughts related to ShipIt changes

Robert Eisenzopf deitai at closecall.com
Thu Oct 29 16:11:16 GMT 2009

Don't know what you are doing - but I just gave away an
Ubuntu CD 9.04 to a young lady that came by
on business. I do this all the time, i.e., take a short
time to demo Ubuntu on a machine running MS XP
using a document, audio(National Anthem), and photo(my dog
and cat) and ask them if they would like
to try it - and that they should copy the CD and give it
away to many friends. I usually get an amazed
affirmative. I cannot follow up all these - but who knows?
That is one way I've gotten a number of users -
and they often don't tell me. After all, how well does one
know a contact who gives you a small gift, doing
a good turn. Even Christ when He healed 10 lepers only had
one return to say "Thank you"! I'll take as
many as you wish to continue this personal policy. It is a
delight to do so and the professionally done
CD looks better than my writing on one that I've copied to
hand out.

"Robert Eisenzopf" <deitai at closecall.com>

Nate <omegamormegil at gmail.com>

http://www.jonobacon.org/2009/10/21/keeping-ubuntu-cds-available/