Thoughts related to ShipIt changes

Craig Younkins cyounkins at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 01:13:02 GMT 2009

Making more effective use of the CDs we do get would certainly be helpful. I
also think they should stop giving the LoCos so many 64-bit / Kubuntu /
Edubuntu / Server CDs. Granted, the 64-bit versions will become more and
more important in this in the next iteration because of the 4GB RAM barrier.
Yes, a few would definitely be useful, but why so many?! Would it be
worthwhile emailing the manager? (Chuck?)

"At the very least, we could just put something on the website indicating
> that free install CD's are available at the meetings."

Agreed. Do you have access the website... ?

As for the online community.... the UMBC LUG is hoping to pull together
everyone around for an online event. More on that soon very soon... :-)

--

Craig Younkins
Mobile: (301) 520-0463