Tonight's Meetning <Weird Month>

Robert Eisenzopf deitai at closecall.com
Mon Nov 16 18:39:55 GMT 2009

A little late for a reply - but I thought I would reply
because I have a good deal of experience
tussling with Linux on old computers commencing with Red
Hat 8 - all of which I have given away
with a working OS and sometimes various documents and
games, except for 2 which I'm using for
reference and experimentation. While Puppy is great, is
attractive and works well, it is limited.
For better or for worse I have found that the older OS's
such as Simply Mepis 6.0, PCLinuxOS 0.93,
and Xandros work better on the older hardware while giving
more recognizable and useful GUI
apps. In addition they accept OO upgrades usually without
problems. Unfortunately my experience
with Ubuntu on the old machines is "verbotten" (probably
because only newer drivers are included).
Other distros will work, such as Slax or Fedora, but with a
little tweaking. Such as is....
"Robert Eisenzopf" <deitai at closecall.com>

christopher fletez-brant <cafletezbrant at gmail.com>