Karmic on the Mini 9

Nate omegamormegil at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 02:42:28 GMT 2009

Greetings all!

For those of you with Dell Mini's who have upgraded to Karmic (and anyone
else who wants to comment on your experiences), how is your boot time?  Mine
is terrible (I've managed to improve it from ~160 to ~135 seconds).  I've
actually been dual booting Moblin 2.1 which boots in about 4 seconds (it's
really nice, but not as capable as Ubuntu - a nice "instant on" option for
web surfing).

I'm also having an issue were the system completely fails to boot, and I
need to hold down the power button and try again.  That happens about 1/4
attempts to boot.

Is it just me?

Once Karmic boots, it's great (with the exception of this bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-panel/+bug/426185).

Nate