Online Bug Day?

Craig Younkins cyounkins at
Tue Aug 11 20:35:16 BST 2009

So I got back home to my Ubuntu machine. I'm going to suggest we start using
Ekiga because it's free as in freedom and beer, and comes with Ubuntu.
Before today, I hadn't touched Ekiga, but it's actually pretty cool!

To get started, sign up for a SIP address at Then run through the
configuration wizard in Ekiga, skipping the part about a dial-out option.
Try calling the "Echo test" service to make sure your audio is set up
correctly. Then join sip:5018763 at <sip%3A5018763 at>, a
conference room I'm claiming for us. 8763 is USMD on a dialpad, 501 is a
prefix for hosted conference rooms. I'll try to stay on so we can
test communication with another person.

I'm very hopeful! Perhaps we could change our IRC meetings to this...

Craig Younkins
Mobile: (301) 520-0463
Website/Blog <>
Facebook <>
Please note: I have started using the Getting Things
and no longer check my email like a madman. If it's important, call.