Fwd: [DC LoCo] Looking for guinea pigs for usability testing...

Celeste Lyn Paul celeste at kde.org
Wed Oct 1 14:58:32 BST 2008

FYI, we are doing a pilot activity on October 10 if anyone is interested in
participating.

Subject: [DC LoCo] Looking for guinea pigs for usability testing...
Date: Tuesday 30 September 2008
From: Kevin Cole <kjcole at ubuntu.com>
To: Ubuntu Linux DC LoCo Team <ubuntu-us-dc at lists.ubuntu.com>

Hi all,

Celeste Lyn Paul, who does human interface design work and one of the
"People behind KDE" (http://www.behindkde.org/people/celeste/) has been
trying to get a usability testing gig going for a couple of months.  She
says that Canonical is now taking an interest and has sent some swag to
entice/reward the test subjects.

I'm game to do something at the Cleveland Park Library, but we'll need a
few LoCo volunteers and some guinea pigs -- mostly people who've had little
or no experience with Linux.  The idea is to try to see what areas of the
user experience need to be improved upon.  Or so I gather.  Celeste wants
to keep the tests relatively short, somewhere in the 20-minute range.

Anyone interested in helping out?  Celeste can provide more details if
there are questions...

Thanks!

P.S. I just added the folks who signed up at Takoma Park.  So, welcome
newcomers.  Feel free to introduce yourselves, ask questions, and
hopefully, volunteer.

--
 Kevin Cole                    |  Key ID: 0xE6F332C7   (GPG/PGP)
 Ubuntu Linux DC LoCo Team     |     WWW: http://dc.ubuntu-us.org/

           ". ! 1 |" -- Rene Magritte's computer

Modify settings or unsubscribe at:

Celeste Lyn Paul