Jono on Planet Ubuntu-Maryland?

Chuck Frain chuckfrain at pobox.com
Thu Nov 20 15:17:34 GMT 2008

Originally I was looking for a blog or two to add for testing when I was
setting it up. Jono pushes content regularly and is the community manager so
I figured his would be a good one to use.

I look at Jono as an honorary member of all the Locos so I've left the feed
there. Also for those that do not read other sites outside of ours I wanted
a glimpse to the larger Ubuntu community and what better way than the
community manager's blog?

Then the final reason would be simply that I really haven't had any requests
to take it off. Most people following blogs do so through web based
planet-type aggregators on a subject or their own. Most aggregators that end
users use today on the web or desktop have some way of filtering duplicates
from multiple planet feeds so you only see a post by Jono (for instance) in
a single feed and its cut out of any others. They are not 100% accurate on
picking dupes up but it helps.

Also looking at the site again I'm probably going to add Mark's blog there
as well as he is the SABDFL of the Ubuntu project.

So if there is a reason not to add Mark and keep Jono's feeds please let me
know. We'll discuss it.

Chuck

P.S. For those unaware of what we are talking about look at
http://planet.ubuntu-maryland.org and the guidelines are at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MarylandTeam/MDPlanetGuideLines