Ubuntu Maryland Thursday 11/20 Meeting

Chuck Frain chuckfrain at pobox.com
Tue Nov 18 17:17:23 GMT 2008

Greetings All,

Once again the Ubuntu Maryland team will be meeting at the Howard County
Central Library from 7-9pm.

A few things on the agenda:

1. We have an offer for space from the library at the Miller branch (where
SFD was held) for the tech classes we've been discussing. I would like to
have three definitive ideas and presenters to cover the first three months
before pulling the trigger on these.

2. If there are no objections I'll be posting our meetings to
biglumber.comas a monthly GPG keysigning event.

3. Intrepid Ibex is out and I have CDs. 32bit versions of Ubuntu, KUbuntu
and Server and 64 bit version of Server.

4. Intrepid Ibex is out and I have it loaded on my netbook. I also have all
the Ibex ISOs. This means that if you have a thumbdrive I can copy over any
ISO you would like. I can also make your USB thumbdrive into a LiveUSB stick
suitable for booting to and installing from*.

If anyone else has any ideas they would like to talk about please let me
know!

Chuck Frain

*In my testing of making the LiveUSB drives the process is non-destructive
to data. I cannot guarntee that though so if you have data on there back it
up first.

PS I may have to leave the meeting early (about 8) this week. Unfortunatly I
won't know for sure until about 6pm Thursday.