KDE Usability person

Joel Leininger leiningr at comcast.net
Wed Mar 26 18:26:06 GMT 2008

Actually, since 1995-1996 Microsoft has moved from Win95 to Vista, not
from DOS to Vista. DOS hit the streets in its earliest form in 1979. So
there is a bit more of a head start, usability-wise, than you let on.

And I disagree that Ubuntu cannot be used by non-geeks (like our
Mothers) right now.  I have a group of 6 or 7 of them, who don't know
one another, who are doing just that, and with very little (if any)
assistance from me.

I have other non-geek acquantances using one form or another of windows,
who complain regularly about tech-support issues not related to
hardware. The quality of tech support aside, the real question is if
windows is as easy and intuitive as MS would like everyone to assume,
why is there any need for tech support at all?

-J.