Network Brother 465cn Scanner Problem

Chuck Frain chuckfrain at pobox.com
Thu Jul 17 19:24:18 BST 2008

Just reading that thread real quick did you note the PS in the final post:

P.S the scan key tool only work as root,so some other setting have to be
changed, I'm trying to figure that out myself now, and thus regular users
won't access it, so most of my scanner programs also have to run as root
because I've not figured out how to make the scan key tool and drivers work
as regular user for some reason. Just FYI on the scanning part.

I've no real experience scanning over a network but another thought that
occurs to me is do you need to connect to the scanner at a particular port?
(I remember needing to hit port 9001 or something for some *nix printing to
work at one time)