IRC Meetings

Chuck Frain chuckfrain at pobox.com
Mon Feb 25 02:46:05 GMT 2008

So here's what I'm hearing in this thread.

The IRC chats should continue. That's great, but if no one attends, do they
happen? I can say from my point is that I tend to forget to log in for them,
or do not have time to. It's not a matter that it's not on my calendar, it's
a factor of simply 7pm coming and going without a thought about the chat.
The few that I have actually gotten in on it has been the same people for
the most part that attend the physical meetings.

Another thing I see is wanting to do more enthusiast type activities. What
do you picture being done at these? Is it simply an Ubuntu Users gathering
such as we did for the Gutsy release or do you want to work a presentation
into this? From discussions we've had on the upcoming install fest and this
thread I do have a first thought on a topic. Either we do the 'Why Ubuntu?'
presentation or a 'New Life For Your Old PC!' type of presentation. This
leads to a when and where discussion.

Then the question about the First Friday thing. What would a table involve?
Is this an event that people would want to stop and ask about a computer
operating system? March 7th is a little quick for this suggestion in
particular due to the fact that we have the Install Fest the next day.

As for the the install fests, this is something that members seem to want to
do. I don't feel that we are cracking a whip in this direction, but it is
something that we get people wanting to help with.