IRC Meetings

Craig Younkins cyounkins at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 05:16:15 GMT 2008

Citing dismal attendance and overall noninterest, some team members are
motioning to end monthly IRC meetings.

I am in opposition to this because physical meetings have a small radius,
and I strongly believe we need to reach out to all of Maryland, which we can
do through IRC. Meeting attendance is dropping, and we need to *strengthen
our community!*

I'm worried about how little this team accomplishes as a whole. People from
all over Maryland can help with events, the wiki, and the soon-to-be-live
website. We need to bring these people out and gain some support!

IRC meetings do not need to take long. If we begin *promptly* we will
usually only need 30 mins to an hour of talk time. Is 7PM on the first
Wednesday of every month inconvenient for people? If so, suggest another
time during the first week of the month.

I hope some people that don't/can't attend the physical meetings will speak
up and we can bring regular IRC meetings back into the team.

Let's talk about it.

Craig Younkins