T-minus 2 weeks to SFD

Ubuntu Maryland Loco Team ubuntu-us-md at lists.ubuntu.com
Mon Sep 3 15:37:14 BST 2007

Hey all! The SFD install fest is fast approaching, so here's a report on our
progress.

Completed:
*Burned and checked 10 alternate CDs. I plan on doing more.
*Made a map of advertising
points<http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=106017942038319463394.000437bef4cedc41199d2&ll=39.238103,-76.852112&spn=0.174172,0.258179&z=12&om=1>
*Configured apt-proxy server
*Made a sources.list to go with the apt-proxy

To do:
*Advertise! If you by one of the points on the map or it's on your way to
work, please take the 10 minutes to make the detour. I'll be updating the
map with more points as people suggest them, as well as color coding the
ones we've hit. Please look at this thread for advertising
stuff<http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=541386>
*Configure router for NAT
*Put together a list of what I need hardware wise (shouldn't be much).
Basically I need a few monitors, keyboards, and mice. Maybe 3 switches? We
can handle it!

The biggest thing I need help with is
*advertising<http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=541386>*!
Please please help me out!

I don't have a *clue* what is happening with the library's workstations and
the whole $50 thing. Don't ask me! But if you know, please tell me!

Questions? Comments? Just want to talk to the awesome me? Email, AIM, skype,
etc. You can do all that from
this<http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=128084>page.