Going For Community Council Approval

Chuck Frain chuckfrain at pobox.com
Wed Dec 12 03:07:37 GMT 2007

Tonight I added the Maryland Ubuntu Team to the next Ubuntu Community
Council Meeting Agenda <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CommunityCouncilAgenda>.

A couple weeks ago I contacted Josh to put together an outline for our
Application
Page <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MarylandTeam/ApprovalApplication>. I then
emailed Jono <http://jonobacon.org/> to get his thoughts on the page that
was there and what needed to be done to tweak it. To my surprise (due to the
short notice I had given to Josh) he said it looks great! So I got around to
adding it to the agenda this evening. The benefits of 'Approved' status will
give us the ability to ask for and receive more resources from Canonical.
Also it helps make the map <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/USTeams/TeamList> a
little more green.

The next step will be the IRC meeting itself. Once I know the time and date,
I'll post a follow up so you can feel free to attend. In the mean time, if
you have any questions or comments, please let me know.

My one apology to the group is that I didn't give you all notice on this. It
kinda came together and with the randomness of the CC meetings I wanted to
get it up just in case one is called sooner than later.