Ubuntu-us-md Digest, Vol 8, Issue 1

Rajiv Gunja opn.src.rocks at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 16:34:57 GMT 2007

Is the general opinion within the Ubuntu Community NOT to use NDIS wrapper
scripts? I recently bought a Netgear 802.11n USB wifi adapter with an
external stand. Since I am not primarily on Ubuntu all the time, Xandros
Desktop Linux picked it up without any issue and asked for the .inf file,
which was provided on the install CDROM.

I know Linux purists might not like this, but for now, until we get native
drivers built on Linux, I do not mind using ndis-wrapper scripts. At lease
for my desktop it works great and it worked right out of the box and I did
not have to short list any particular chipset or protocols.

-GGR
Rajiv G Gunja
Ph: 44-33-55-44-96