Senior Center Computer Room

Ubuntu Maryland Loco Team ubuntu-us-md at lists.ubuntu.com
Tue Aug 14 21:36:55 BST 2007

I have offered to set up a computer room for the residents at the
Oakcrest Senior Center in Catonsville. The center will provide the DSL
connection and I wanted to provide a server/router, network switch and
four Ubuntu  workstations. Unfortunately, due to the age of the server
box that I am donating, it has Debian and not Ubuntu installed along
with two network cards.
I have four 17" CRT monitors and a number of old PII and PIII Dell boxes
that I can contribute. I would like to have some used P4 boxes that we
could use in place of the PII. The center will also purchase a new
printer for the room.
I have also offered to provide training for the residents on the new
system. I am seeking help from the Ubuntu group in acquiring equipment,
setup and training.
Please advise if you would like to help with this project.
Thanks
--
Ronald Swift
President