[ubuntu-us-ma] Greetings and Salutations

Bill Simonds wtsimonds at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 15:07:33 UTC 2016

I am glad someone thought to revive this email thing. Linux - I like it
because it does a better job of giving users a secure computing
environment. When I use it, I am fairly sure that the OS does NOT have a
back door that the government can use to access my computer. Windows and
Mac both give the Government a back door, it is my understanding...

Linux definitely is not usable for everything. Too many of the big CAD
programs and stuff are for the Windows OS. But Linux is secure. I
especially like TAILS available from the TOR web site. You boot your Linux
off of a CD or stick that is write protected, and nothing can get in or out.