[ubuntu-us-ma] Rev 82: Updated with current info for Oct 2011

James Gray jamespgray at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 13:18:13 UTC 2011

Off the top of my head I see two options:
1. bzr usually creates a backup version before doing the upgrade so
you should be able to get the old version back.  You could generate
diffs from the new version (using a machine that has the new bzr) and
then apply them to the existing branch.

2. There are generally packport versions of bzr for older Ubuntu
versions and probably for debian as well.  Also, my recollection is
that bzr is written in Python with few or no binary components so it
may be as easy as downloading the source for the latest bzr and
installing it as long as it runs with the older python interpreter in
lenny (I bet lenny is running python 2.6 or earlier).

I hope this is helpful.