[ubuntu-us-ma] Random bits of business and solidified plans

Ralph deGennaro rmdegennaro at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 21:46:34 UTC 2011

Hi all,

On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 11:21 AM, Paul Tagliamonte <paultag at ubuntu.com>wrote:

> interesting idea -- the first (ever) Ubuntu Upstream Jam.
>
> I'm willing to participate in much of anything if I have the time and can
learn the expertise.  I've not participated much in the dev process beyond
what happened last jam.

> Secondly, the LoCo Council is still marked as the team's
> administrator. We should come up with a new structure for the team's
> leadership, and establish a council-based board to carry out
> day-to-day work, and remove the LoCo Council from the team.
>
> I barely got started working in the LoCo before worked pulled me away.  So
I'm not sure the in's and out's of how LoCo's are managed, policies,
procedures, etc. etc.

So I guess two questions.  Is there a page in the wiki or somewhere that
explains the resources available and what it takes to keep a LoCo running?
I could probably find it, but if someone knows off the top of their head, it
might help myself and others who'd be curious.

Also, are there any other LoCo's that have done the council-based thing or
setup anything non-standard? Just to see what trials/tribulations other
teams may have gone through.  For asking as well as reading through
histories or what-not.

That sorta stuff would at least get me to where I could productively
participate in such a conversation.

Best,
Rio