[ubuntu-us-ma] Video Editors

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 04:42:48 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-07-13 at 22:39 -0400, Ralph deGennaro wrote:
> I'm not talking
> stuff like the big movie studios use, though it'd be cool to have a
> render
> farm.  Like Final Cut or Premier or better in quality?

That's a difference of opinion on what professional really means. Final
Cut and Premier are Low-Pro, not really proper professional tools.
Although I admit they are quite powerful.

You can actually do video editing from the command line too, but it's a
pain if you're not good at imagining everythign in your head.

For what you want, I think Novacut would be above what you need,
probably blender would be too. You'll want to stay with the lower end
products like OpenShot and PiTiVi who aim towards a similar set of users
as Final Cut (although I don't think they're as good over all, I
wouldn't be caught dead using something proprietary :-P)

Martinm