[ubuntu-us-ma] Video Editors

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 04:01:05 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-07-12 at 18:35 -0400, Danny Piccirillo wrote:
> A stupid thing based on the same thing as Kdenlive, but it's uglier
> and
> buggier and stupider, but for some reason people think it is going to
> be
> awesome, but it won't.

Danny, watch your emails. This isn't terribly bad, but it is impolite
and inconsiderate to call a project 'stupider', especially considering I
know you and Jeff (PiTiVi developer) have a good relationship and talked
at great length about video editors. So you might be a tad biased.

For simple editing, OpenShot is a solid program. I've used it myself to
make several videos and it certainly didn't crash as much as the version
of PiTiVi in the maverick repositories. But YMMV. Try each of them to
get a feel for them.

Martin,