[ubuntu-us-ma] Inner City Ubuntu Hour 2

Dave Hunt ka1cey at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 14:13:01 UTC 2011

Hi,

We should set minimum standards for such donations.  I work with another
group that puts Ubuntu onto donated laptops.  We decided to have an
unofficial minimum system requirement of 512 mb ram, ability to boot
from cd and/or usb, working screen, keyboard, pointing device, drives.
Even with this informal standard in place, we, sometimes, ended up with
trash machines.  It's hard to say "no" to a donation, however.  How to
be diplomatic about setting minimum requirements?

Cheers,

Dave