[ubuntu-us-ma] Installing Fonts

George E Noon ge.noon at verizon.net
Fri Jul 1 21:32:39 UTC 2011

On 07/01/2011 04:55 PM, Martin Owens wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-07-01 at 15:01 -0400, George E Noon wrote:
>> Also, if someone could get LibreOffice to include
>> some clue as to how additional fonts can be installed&  just where in
>> the file structure they need to go ---- I'd be a whole lot more
>> content.
>>       Thank you for your feed-back.
> Hey George,
>
> This is how you install fonts in Ubuntu:
>
>   * Go to Places>  Home Folder
>   * Go to View>  Show Hidden Files
>   * Create a new folder called .fonts in your home folder
>   * Drag the new folder to the home folder holding down Shift+Ctrl
>   * Rename the new link from 'Link to .fonts' to 'Fonts'
>   * Save any TTF (TrueType) fonts in the new folder
>   * Restart any application to see new fonts (inkscape, openoffice, etc)
>
> Martin,

Thank you, Martin.
     I downloaded two fonts from openfontslibrary, opened them with
Archive Manager, then opened the font itself with font viewer and
clicked 'install' button in lower left corner of window [all this is in
11.04 Natty, Gnome fallback... I did have to log off & log back on, but
after I had, the two fonts are now in the .fonts folder of my home
folder and is included in the fonts list of Libre Office Writer.
Thank you
George