[ubuntu-us-ma] Ubun-Do List

George E Noon ge.noon at verizon.net
Fri Jul 1 19:01:03 UTC 2011

On 07/01/2011 01:48 PM, Algot Runeman wrote:
> On 07/01/2011 10:38 AM, George E Noon wrote:
>> On 07/01/2011 10:01 AM, Martin Owens wrote:
>>> Hey Algot,
>>>
>>> You should post your excellent clipart to openclipat.org, you use Public
>>> Domain already and that's all they use there.
>>>
>>> What I do:
>>>
>>>   * Programming, Ubuntu, Free Software
>>>   * Graphics, Posters, Art
>>>   * Listen to Music, watch videos, read Internet
>>>   * Look after a computer center running Ubuntu
>>>
>>> What I want to do:
>>>
>>>   * Take over the world
>>>   * Run more events with participation.
>>>
>>> Martin,
>>>
>>> On Wed, 2011-06-29 at 17:13 -0400, Algot Runeman wrote:
>>>

>> Martin,
>>     'Openclipart.org' sounds like a really great idea & resource ----
>> one problem, though - what is it's URL?: I went on-line with my
>> Firefox 5.0 & got a page basically saying I could register such and
>> such,
>> but no connection to any already existing site........
>>     I tried 'www.openclipart.org', with the same result.......
>> ? ? ? ?
>> George
> George.
>
> The link in your email works for me from Kubuntu 11.04 with Firefox 5.
> Login and registration options are in the top right corner for me, but
> then I get a page which shows recent uploads and the top ten downloads
> of the last month. From there, it is best to look up by keywords.
> --Algot
>

> --
> -------------------------
> Algot Runeman
> 47 Walnut Street, Natick MA 01760
> 508-655-8399
> algot.runeman at verizon.net
> Web Site:http://www.runeman.org
> Twitter:http://twitter.com/algotruneman/
> sip:algot.runeman at ekiga.net
> Open Source Blog:http://mosssig.wordpress.com
Algot,
     'Twas my error: I transposed the r & t in 'clipart'; then didn't
even notice the error when I failed to load the expected page --- I've
long maintained that the writer makes a poor editor of his own work, as
he sees what should be there rather than what is - or that's been my
experience.....  When I put all the letters back in proper order, the
page loaded just fine.
     Very useful site & I found the link there to the 'openfontslibray'
site, which will also prove to be useful ---- now if someone could just
come up with a nice 'Olde English'-type font, as is used on Diplomas
Certificates, ect. Also, if someone could get LibreOffice to include
some clue as to how additional fonts can be installed & just where in
the file structure they need to go ---- I'd be a whole lot more content.
     Thank you for your feed-back.
George E Noon