[ubuntu-us-ma] Ubuntu'ers - What do you like to do?
jamespgray at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 00:23:57 UTC 2011
Hi All, I am just now writing my own lists. I haven't had a chance to
go through and respond to emails in a while. I hate writing long
emails on my phone and work has been a bit crazy for a number of
weeks, construction is going on at my house and I've been away on
I've been using Ubuntu since early on, since Breezy I think. My
machines are mostly running 10.04 now. I haven't really seen much
that temps me to upgrade. I plan to hold off until 12.04 LTS,
although 11.10 might convince me otherwise.
Things I do with Ubuntu:
1. read/write email
2. Listen to music
3. Rip my CDs
5. Organizing photos
6. Store documents and records of various things
7. Play games like Wesnoth
8. Occasional hobby programming usually in Python
9. Surf the web - read news and stuff
10. Watch videos, usually we use my wife's laptop these days.
11. Work from home using Windows XP via virtual box.
Things I'd like to do with Ubuntu
1. Run or participate in more educational sessions
2. Finish setting up my home network, maybe include my own dhcp
and/or dns servers for example.
(this is more a issue of time then anything else.)
3. Maybe do some android programming. (My wife and I both have
androids we got recently.)
I don't even know if android programming tools support Ubuntu,
but I suspect they do.
4. Do more with Lubuntu, an LXDE desktop for Ubuntu.
5. I'd like to attend the FOSS group in Natick sometime, but it is
in the middle of my work day. :-(
On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 11:56 PM, Martin Owens <doctormo at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-07-12 at 17:48 -0400, Penelope Stowe wrote:
>> If I were to put together a small Ubuntu Hour in the Western MA/North
>> Central CT area for sometime in the next three weeks, would you be
>> interested? I've been considering doing so (I'm about 15 min. south of
>> Springfield), but just haven't had the time and wasn't sure if there
>> were other people around here.
> Hey Penny,
> You might be interested in the PiCon happening sometimes soon; I've been
> talking to them about letting us come and give a few talks or just hang
> out and put some guerrilla style posters up :-D
> No phone numbers will be shared this time, promise! *still embarrassed
> over that*
> Ubuntu-us-ma mailing list
> Ubuntu-us-ma at lists.ubuntu.com
> Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-us-ma
More information about the Ubuntu-us-ma