[ubuntu-us-ma] battery reporting issue

Ralph deGennaro rmdegennaro at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 18:43:03 UTC 2011

Hey Tim & all,

A long time ago I had a Toshiba with a single-core (just to date it, now a
netbook with a big screen).  Anyways, power management never worked right.
The last I ran on it was 8.10 (I think), and since given it away.  Things
have certainly improved, but I wonder if Toshiba is doing something
non-standard/unknown.  I have no idea how to find out though.

Another thought is "apt-cache search toshiba" shows a bunch of tools.  Do
you know if any are installed?  I can't remember if I installed any or if
they were even available at the time.  They might help...

Best,
Rio