[ubuntu-us-ma] hey everyone!

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 07:32:22 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-04-10 at 21:37 -0400, Timothy Konick wrote:
> when
> I go to unplug it I get a warning that the battery will soon run out,
> when
> it has a full battery.  Not much but its concerning something else
> could be
> going on.  Has anyone/ or is anyone have/had this issue?  Something
> with the
> upower?

Yes this happens to everyone and it's because the battery is failing.
Over time, all rechargeable batteries fail. To extend the life of
batteries you're supposed to cycle their power at least once a week.
This entails bringing the machine all the way down to no battery left
and then charging it right up again.

But if it's failing, your only option is to buy a replacement.

Martin,