[ubuntu-us-ma] Capturing Webcam Video?

Daniel Hollocher danielhollocher at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 14:33:13 BST 2010

gstreamer-properties is a good tool to debug cheese problems.  Just
start the tool, and run a video input test.  If it works fine there,
then it is a problem with cheese.  If it doesn't work, then it is a
problem with something behind cheese, like gstreamer or linux.

Dan

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 9:27 AM, Dave Hunt <ka1cey at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm using a special remix of 10.04, called Vinux, on an Asus 1015P netbook.
> The internal cam and mic work.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Dave
>

> On 11/09/10 20:04, Francisco Calderon wrote:
>
> I don't know if its the problem but, what version of Ubuntu are you using?
>

> On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 6:34 PM, Dave Hunt <ka1cey at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>  Hi!
>>
>> I'm aware of the Cheese app for recording video from the webcam.  I find
>> that I can only record about 5 seconds, then it just stops.  What do
>> others in this list suggest I use instead?
>>

>> Thanks,
>>

>> Dave
>>

>> --

"I'm not judgmental, I'm just excited about your quest for self improvement"