[ubuntu-us-ma] open positions @ litl

Brian Fallik bfallik at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 21:27:55 BST 2010

Hi there! litl, a computer company located in Copley Square, is
searching for two build/release engineers in the Boston area.  This
may be of particular interest to the local LoCo community since our
product is based on relevant Linux/OSS technology.

Build/Release Engineer on the Channel Team:

litl, a Boston-based computer company, is looking to hire a Linux and
Python ninja who will be responsible for maintaining the build and
release process for the Channel team and developing tools to automate
our pain away. Qualified applicants should have intimate experience
with Linux, automated build systems (like Hudson, buildbot, etc), git,
writing scripts in languages like Bash and Python, and be
Boston-local.

The Channel team is responsible for the applications shipped on litl's
webbook and upcoming set-top box devices. In this position, you'll be
working alongside talented engineers hacking in Django, Adobe Flash
and Javascript on the Linux platform in a fun, nurturing environment.

Build/Release Engineer on the Release Engineering Team:

litl is looking for a smaht and highly motivated engineer to join the
software team and immediately help with our infrastructure, build
tools, and overall OS hacking. Specific tasks include:

    * maintaining and extending our automated build system
    * formalizing and iterating our operating system image build process
    * packaging software modules
    * writing build and deployment tools and other administration scripts
    * executing basic IT tasks, primarily for automation and
publishing of build artifacts
    * writing automated scripts to validate and test our infrastructure

Relevant technologies include:

    * Python
    * Linux (ideally Debian or Ubuntu)
    * shell scripting
    * Debian packaging and apt repositories
    * git
    * networking

The ideal candidate will:

    * be self motivated
    * exhibit clear written and verbal communication
    * thrive in a fast-paced startup environment with iterative priorities
    * demonstrate tasteful problem solving

Let me know if you're interested or have any further questions.

Thanks,
brian