[ubuntu-us-ma] SETC update

Daniel Hollocher danielhollocher at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 16:15:36 GMT 2010

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 12:33 AM, Martin Owens <doctormo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Daniel,
>
> This is private.

No

> So basically you've done nothing? I was hoping that when you took charge
> you'd have gone down there on a weekend or organised some sort of day to
> do it.
>
> Anyway, let the list know when you've got a firm idea on what _you_ want
> to do too, they'll need to know what the deal it and how we should be
> involved (if we want to be)
>
> Obviously virtual box doesn't cut it for me, but I'm sure some others
> may want to be involved.
>
> Martin,

Just relax.  I feel like you want me to pick up where you left off,
but I jumped in originally because what you were doing wasn't working.
 I don't think it is important to get into the specifics, but I'm
certainly not here to just get pressured by you.  I would like
discussion about the SETC to be more public in general.  I understand
that you are still trying to sort things out, but I think you need to
either be in or out.

Right now I am just gathering information.  I only know a little about
the SETC.  I just learned last week that they close at 8:30!  I was
hoping that it would be open a little later than that so I could have
more time to play around with things...  Anyway, this Thursday I will
be able to go earlier so I will get things sorted then.

I think inviting folks down to help install the vbox installs is a
good idea.  But, I don't want to ask folks for help, per say.  For
now, I want people to do what they find fun and enjoyable.  So if
anyone is reading this on the list, feel free to express yourself!  If
there is interest, I can make sure to have something ready for
Thursday.

I do feel at a disadvantage that I'm not able to attend the full
Tuesday.  I hear stories about some folks showing up, and being
disappointed because there isn't enough help on Tuesday, or something.
 I really don't know, which is why I would like to create a survey /
feedback form.  Not only would that help me to understand what kinds
of things people are looking for, but I think it will also help the
group to focus our energy.

Dan