[ubuntu-us-ma] This is why we can't win...

Paul Smith paul at mad-scientist.net
Sun Oct 24 17:16:40 BST 2010

Stuff like this.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/compiz/+bug/567025

Try it yourself!  Send your friends little display-bombs!  It's easy!

Here, I've attached a simple OOo document that contains nothing more
sinister than a hyperlink to the google maps location for the Museum of
Science and Industry in Chicago (just because I love that place).

If you use compiz you should definitely NOT hover your mouse over that
hyperlink in OOo.

Note it's not the bug: bugs happen.  It's the response to the bug, and
that something like this has been known for at least two releases now.