[ubuntu-us-ma] SETC ( et all )

Paul Tagliamonte paultag at ubuntu.com
Sun Nov 28 13:48:08 GMT 2010

On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 11:52 PM, Daniel Hollocher
<danielhollocher at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
> Thanks for your comments.  Sorry for my late addition, I've been sick.
>  I kind of like the idea of group decisions, just because it can give
> a chance for folks who may not have spoken up to have a chance to
> speak up.
>
> I've raised all the issues that have been brought forth to me to the
> SETC leadership.  Within the context of the SETC wanting to support
> all three operating systems, neither I nor the SETC folks have good
> ideas to address the complaints.  I mean, there is allot of
> complaining, but I am having trouble boiling it down into something
> concrete.

IMHO ( I'm just an outsider here ) -- I'm guessing some of the team
feels a bit excluded by nature of the SETC "swapping" off Ubuntu when
they got the chance. I know there was a lot of man-power invested (
not to mention a few grand ) from the -us-ma LoCo team. I'd be pretty
heartbroken if someone ditched my hard work for something else, too.

Again, just a guess here.

> Martin is a tough issue for me.  One the one hand, I have a personal
> difficulty with Martin, in that the way he controls makes me very

He's no longer team administrator. You're on equal footing here,
you're both peers on a team.

> uncomfortable.  On the other hand, most of the other drama around the
> SETC revolves around Martin.  I've tried to bring up the issues that
> Martin has, but I can't really do much.  Nobody seems to know about
> the agreement, except Martin.  Martin made it clear that the issue
> isn't the agreement itself, but a trust issue.  But if no one,
> including Martin, cares or knows about this agreement, why is it an
> issue?  Well I'm confused.  Martin, please don't private message me
> about this.  The point is that I have resolved these issues as much as
> I could, with my understanding.
>
> When Martin was controlling everything at the SETC, I couldn't find
> much of a way to participate.  Now that Martin is out, I feel like
> there is something for me at the SETC, and something for me of the
> Ubuntu Loco in general.  I'm no going to get attached to the SETC, but
> I'm going to run with it.

I'll help, when and if you need it. Granted, I'm remote, but if
there's some way I can help, I'll help.

> Anyway, I ifeel like this politics really gets me no where.  But I
> ifelt like I ihad to address some of it otherwise it would be awkward
> if Ii just kept posting about the SETC.  Also, please forgive some of
> the misspellings.  It is the keyboard.

Much love,
Paul

--
All programmers are playwrights, and all computers are lousy actors.

#define sizeof(x) rand()
:wq