[ubuntu-us-ma] SETC ( et all )

Daniel Hollocher danielhollocher at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 04:52:34 GMT 2010

Hey guys,
Thanks for your comments.  Sorry for my late addition, I've been sick.
 I kind of like the idea of group decisions, just because it can give
a chance for folks who may not have spoken up to have a chance to
speak up.

I've raised all the issues that have been brought forth to me to the
SETC leadership.  Within the context of the SETC wanting to support
all three operating systems, neither I nor the SETC folks have good
ideas to address the complaints.  I mean, there is allot of
complaining, but I am having trouble boiling it down into something
concrete.

Martin is a tough issue for me.  One the one hand, I have a personal
difficulty with Martin, in that the way he controls makes me very
uncomfortable.  On the other hand, most of the other drama around the
SETC revolves around Martin.  I've tried to bring up the issues that
Martin has, but I can't really do much.  Nobody seems to know about
the agreement, except Martin.  Martin made it clear that the issue
isn't the agreement itself, but a trust issue.  But if no one,
including Martin, cares or knows about this agreement, why is it an
issue?  Well I'm confused.  Martin, please don't private message me
about this.  The point is that I have resolved these issues as much as
I could, with my understanding.

When Martin was controlling everything at the SETC, I couldn't find
much of a way to participate.  Now that Martin is out, I feel like
there is something for me at the SETC, and something for me of the
Ubuntu Loco in general.  I'm no going to get attached to the SETC, but
I'm going to run with it.

Anyway, I ifeel like this politics really gets me no where.  But I
ifelt like I ihad to address some of it otherwise it would be awkward
if Ii just kept posting about the SETC.  Also, please forgive some of
the misspellings.  It is the keyboard.