No subject

Thu May 20 18:13:08 BST 2010

Computers running Ubuntu have been shown to consume significantly less
energy<http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=hardy_power&num=2>than
identical machines running Windows Vista. In addition to this, there
are a number of free programs available to help turn your Ubuntu computer
into a power sipping green-machine. A notable example is
Powertop<http://www.lesswatts.org/projects/powertop/>,
a program developed by the Less Watts <http://www.lesswatts.org/> project,
that analyzes your computer and tells you what settings adjustments to make
in order to improve efficiency.

Forget about the fact that Ubuntu is totally free. Disregard the social and
humanitarian implications that come along with supporting open-source
computing. Package-less distribution, reducing e-waste, and reducing power
consumption alone are clear reasons to give Ubuntu a chance today. Trust me:
Your computer will never be greener, or happier.

from

http://www.theenvironmentalblog.org/2009/09/ubuntu-os-can-save-energy.html

I found that while doing research for our Ubuntu Business Action Plan.

--0016e65bccc82915ca0488bbb6ab