[ubuntu-us-ma] Fwd: html5 WAR (has been won)

Danny Piccirillo danny.piccirillo at ubuntu.com
Wed May 19 19:05:52 BST 2010

Google has opened up the VP8 coded as WebM! http://www.webmproject.org/

Check out the FAQ: http://www.webmproject.org/about/faq/

What does everyone think? Any criticisms?

It would be awesome if they gave this to Xiph after it gets off the
ground, but i supposed that's asking too much. It also would've been
cool to see this built on Ogg, but Matroska is still open. The name
WebM makes it sound too web-specific, but that's not a huge deal.
That's about all i can think of for now