[ubuntu-us-ma] Business Plan of Action for Ubuntu Professional Support & Distribution

Michael Curran curran.michaelp at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 19:47:51 BST 2010

If approached about on-site support for a major installation, I would
be surprised if Canonical could provide it.  I'd assumed that if GM
wanted to install Ubuntu on their servers, Canonical has the resources
to provide folks on the ground to support it.  Since support like that
is expensive for Canonical, they probably charge more than it than an
independent firm, but given the choice most mid to large companies are
going to ask Canonical first and if Canonical can't help the company
themselves, they'll take a referral.  On the smaller scale, with home
and small businesses and maybe smaller installations at larger
organizations, an independent firm has a better shot at providing a
cheaper option for on site support.